Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013: A Year of Baby Resolutions


I'm just under 6 weeks from my due date, which means, for me, 2013 is basically going to be the Year of the Baby. It seems fitting, then, that my New Year's resolutions be baby-focused.

1. I resolve to get the baby out whatever way works best for me and him, and to tell anyone who has an opinion on the options I chose to go to hell. 
C-section, epidural, squatting in a forest and letting a pack of wolves lick him clean. Whatever works.

2. I resolve to cry as much as I want, about whatever I want.
Babies are hard work, and "cry it out" seems like a sound option for mom, even if it doesn't work for baby. It's not a sign of weakness.

3. I resolve to remember what life was like without kids.
Yes, I have a baby now. No, that does not mean it is ok to drag him to a 5 star restaurant at 8pm and let him wail through a 4-course dinner while other people are trying to blow their paychecks on a quiet, relaxing evening out.

4. I resolve not to post pictures of poo on Facebook.
Sleep-deprivation won't rob me of the knowledge that no one wants to look at poo of any kind. Ever.

5. I resolve to make time for myself, and my husband.
He's pretty cute. I'd like him to stick around. I'd like me to stick around too. 

We'll see how that goes.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment